Wednesday, March 16, 2011

MMOs I've played

So I spoke to a Design Lead at Kingsisle and he suggested putting together a portfolio. I decided to put the list of the MMOs I remember playing as that was another thing he mentioned. That is an understanding of how MMOs work and some experience playing them.

Here's a list of (I think) most of the MMOs I've played. There are also some MUDs I played briefly and some cancelled games like SEED, Auto Assault and Tabula Rasa not on the list. Most of these I've played at least two weeks. I've played less than 20 to end game. I want to say I started sometime around 1999 but it might have been earlier if you count MUDs. MUDs are basically a text based version of an MMO. No graphics, just reading and typing.

Vindictus, Wizard1012Moons, 9Dragons, Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures, Aion, Anarchy Online, ArchLord, Atlantica Online, CABAL Online, Champions Online, City of Heroes, City of Villains, Dark Age of Camelot, Dream of Mirror Online, Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited, Eudemons Online, EVE Online, EverQuest, EverQuest II, Evony, Face of Mankind, Fallen Earth, Fiesta Online, Final Fantasy XI, Florensia, Flyff, Global Agenda, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Hero Online, Lineage 2, Lord of the Rings Online, Mabinogi, MapleStory, Metin 2, Perfect World International, Phantasy Star Universe, Rakion, Rappelz, Requiem: Bloodymare, ROSE Online, Rubies of Eventide, Runes of Magic, Runescape, Ryzom, Scions of Fate (Yulgang), Second Life, Shaiya, Silkroad Online, Star Trek Online, Star Wars Galaxies, Sword of the New World: Granada Espada, The Chronicles of Spellborn, The Legend of Mir 2, Ultima Online, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, World of Warcraft, Zu Online
and Fantasy Online

Ugh that's a lot, some of them were not much fun either. But I think they all had value in helping me become a better designer. I'm putting together a good (I think anyway) MMO design. I might do an analysis on these some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment